Sunday, October 30, 2011

Happy Halloween!!!!!

So, yesterday we got to do the Trunk or Treat at the church, as shown here in the picture. And I got to thinking.... How lucky am I to have the opportunity to step back for a minute and just be a kid. I love Halloween. I love the pumpkin carving, the candy, the cold weather, the leaves dropping, and THE KIDS. I was once given the advice that I should always spend extra time with kids just so I don't get too complacent in my older years. And Yesterday I was reminded WHY.... Actually the Hokey Pokey is really cool, the hardest decision I should make is what candy to choose, and yes, it's okay to have a tail. (Though I do say that when I got home and realized that I had not gotten to AWE the crowd with my newly learned "Thriller" dance, I was a little disappointed.) So, for all you family and friends out there I hope you get the chance to take a step back and remember the little small things that make us happy and don't be afraid BE A KID!

1 comment:

rh said...

How wonderful for Benson and future brothers and sisters have parents who join in the fun! You are an adorable family :) Love you.