
Have you ever tried couponing? Yeah, me too. It all started about 8 months ago. I thought to myself how can I save money.....get rid of cable...nope I don't even have it....sell my body....that's a joke---I had a kid...remember? Okay, COUPONS...yea, I can do that. So, with my lips asmacking, and brain a tickin I got all the things I needed...first a million copy subscription to the newspaper---check...next sissors to cut them up with---check...a ginormous binder to hold of the coupons with dividers---check...and a plan---check. I was going to save millions of dollars, go on an expensive vacation, and spend more time lovin my little baby. It was the perfect plan!!!
OR SOOOO I THOUGHT....
Sometimes I come home from a couponing trip....exhausted- because they were out of the items yet again...overwhelmed- because how the heck am I going to eat 20 bottles of marinade and put the 30 dishsoaps under my sink...frustrated-because Benson threw another fit....poorer- because I did not get the right combination of items and couple it with my coupons and so I paid full price anyway...and fatter-because I just had to get the chocolate because there was a coupon for it and I got thirty cents back.
Needless to say with my latest church calling of Relief Society President, working part-time, full-time mother and wife, I am calling quits with coupons!!!!!!! I never did get to a $40.00 a week grocery bill because I just had to get all the deals...but I do now have about 20 jars of peanut butter, 15 bottles of shower gel, and a closet full of stuff I know I will use at some point. I have come to terms that my life is most happy with small and simple things...and some extra time just to relish the wonderful time I get here on earth!!
2 comments:
And besides that the off brand, such as equate, is usually cheaper than the coupon price anyway! lv u
hahaha, you still crack me up:) I just stumbled into your fun blog, and I'm so happy about it. I have to tell you, even though I haven't seen you in years, I just think you are amazing! You are my favorite co-worker EVER! I learned so much from you in the short time we worked together for Dr.O, and I'm glad to see your family is doing so well:)
I have a little blog too if you wanted to see what we have been up to. it's craig-susan.blogspot.com
So good to find you again;)
Post a Comment