A few days ago we watched a Thomas and Friends Christmas Special where Thomas gets a big metal star and all of the trains use it to make wishes. Later we were eating dinner and Benson was having his usual lengthy conversations with us.
He must have noticed that his mommy was looking extra tired after a long day of Relief Society stuff, because he said to Mary "Mommy sad?" He smiled like only he can and said "I want mommy to be a happy mommy." Mary responded "oh you do huh?" "Yeah, mom... it's my wish...
for Christmas" and he closed his eyes like Thomas and smiled even bigger.
It really should be that simple. Benson often says "I need to play wif da leebs (leaves) foreboh (forever) and that makes him happy. He grabs my finger and says "I want to do wunning (running) awound (around) the couch," and that makes him happy. "I want to play tomato head" (his term for Mr. Potato Head) and that makes him happy.
It really doesn't matter if your car blows up in the middle of an extra tough time, right before the holidays, with a 2 year old and a baby on the way while you are trying to figure out how to let your wife stay home with the kids while still paying all the bills. It definitely shouldn't matter that you don't have the latest smart phone or that the house you bought is worth less than you paid for it... or that the airline charges so much... or that half the Christmas lights you just put up aren't working...or that there's nothing on TV... ever... or.... whatever!
What really matters is family, love, tomato heads, health, a beautiful wife, little smiles, and little arms around you saying "Daddy I lub you, you are a wheely fun daddy!"
So on this Thanksgiving that is what I am most grateful for. All of my problems that keep me humble and all of my blessings that make me truly happy.
And of course I am very grateful for the LEEBS
1 comment:
Beautiful. Thank you. It's so true that view makes the difference. And I love the pictures in the leebes. lv u all
Post a Comment