Saturday, April 2, 2011

Welcome Spring

Bring on the heat!!!! Yesterday, I wore shorts (thanks Mother Nature for a fun April Fool's Day joke)...today I wore a sweatsuit...tomorrow...well, who knows? Nevertheless, the daffodils and blossoming trees are screaming the delights of a welcomed spring. I too am smiling from ear to ear to know that I can now start thinking about warmness and a big yellow ball in the sky!!! Funny thing is my thoughts this week have been turned to how I take for granted the things in my life. I was visiting with a patient as I cleaned her teeth and we or rather I was talking. As I rinsed her mouth and told her to swish I said, as by habit, "Good Job". She of course laughed and she said that perhaps my "Good Job" was a bit too exciting and childish. After a giggle, I responded that I feel we just don't get enough"Good Jobs" when we are grown ups. This got me to thinking.....maybe, I should be a better cheerleader for those around me and give out those "Good Jobs" more often. So with that, "Good Job" darling husband for fixing me some shelves in a very cluttered closet, "Good Job" darling Benson for showing me how to experience the world all over again, "Good Job" to our extended family for keeping in touch and telling us that you care, "Good Job" for all the volunteers in Japan, "Good Job" to me for remembering that you are blessed and most of all "Good Job" Father in Heaven for giving me and my family such a wonderful life!!!! So all you wonderful family and friends that are reading this right now....don't forget to tell yourself and others around you "Good Job" because life is just too short! We all love you here!

4 comments:

rh said...

Good job...good thoughts. Thank you. lv u
P.S. It's snowing here!
But I continue to believe spring is possible:)

rh said...

oh..and so cute picture. I can't wait to be there:)

Crystal/Scott/Charlie/John said...

I needed to hear that! I need to give myself and those around me more god jobs!

Marlene said...

Where did you learn to write like that, Mary? ... she said as she wiped the tears away. ... Good Job!
Love you, Mom