Christmas countdown has begun. Are you ready? Neither am I... It never ceases to amaze me how children get it. What do I mean by it....Well take for example what happened the other day. I decided that I was going to get my cabin fevered little boy to a place that he could stretch his legs and get some enjoyment. So off we headed to Jump Time Meridian... great place by-the-way. Now as you walk into this place all you can see is trampolines... it is like the skatepark for jumping fanatics and in the very back of the warehouse are gigantic inflatables with slides, ladders and obstacle courses... A Child's Dreamland of EXCITEMENT. Sure Benson was excited... a little bit... but it wasn't long until his favorite thing in the whole warehouse turned out to be the water fountain. Okay, of all things, why the germ infested water fountain. Then it dawned on me... it was simple, it was messy and best of all it was refreshing. So, I left there with a drenched little boy and a new take on the things in my life. After all... this is the season that we remember the simple birth of our Savior in not the most clean of environments, but best of all we reflect on the refreshing message he brought and the life he lived. Just like in the story of the Grinch, I left the warehouse on Saturday remembering that Christmas does not come in boxes or bags.... Perhaps it is a little bit more. Merry Christmas to all our wonderful Friends and Family. Sunday, December 5, 2010
Perhaps it was a Little Bit More
Christmas countdown has begun. Are you ready? Neither am I... It never ceases to amaze me how children get it. What do I mean by it....Well take for example what happened the other day. I decided that I was going to get my cabin fevered little boy to a place that he could stretch his legs and get some enjoyment. So off we headed to Jump Time Meridian... great place by-the-way. Now as you walk into this place all you can see is trampolines... it is like the skatepark for jumping fanatics and in the very back of the warehouse are gigantic inflatables with slides, ladders and obstacle courses... A Child's Dreamland of EXCITEMENT. Sure Benson was excited... a little bit... but it wasn't long until his favorite thing in the whole warehouse turned out to be the water fountain. Okay, of all things, why the germ infested water fountain. Then it dawned on me... it was simple, it was messy and best of all it was refreshing. So, I left there with a drenched little boy and a new take on the things in my life. After all... this is the season that we remember the simple birth of our Savior in not the most clean of environments, but best of all we reflect on the refreshing message he brought and the life he lived. Just like in the story of the Grinch, I left the warehouse on Saturday remembering that Christmas does not come in boxes or bags.... Perhaps it is a little bit more. Merry Christmas to all our wonderful Friends and Family.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I love the picture of you guys and I love your analogy!
I love this picture and what you wrote. I am a bit late telling you because things were a little busy:) Love you lots
Finally remembered how to get to the blog and absolutely loved your Christmas story and of course the photo.
Love you tons, Mom
Post a Comment