Sunday, July 26, 2009

Home Improvement: There's always something to fix!

Lately we've been frantically trying to get the house ready for the little one the way. Ironically though, everytime we do finally finish something, something else breaks. For example, we fixed the ice maker on the refrigerator and that same day one of the blinds came off in Mary's hands. Just as I was laying the last tile in our entire house, Mary's mom knocked on the door and told me that Mary was in the hospital (I had earplugs in and couldn't hear the phone). As I set the toilet in place again after the tile was grouted, the water fill valve decided it was tired and blew up, so we got to replace that too. Most recently, a week ago when the carpet was installed, my alternator on my car went out!

Somehow, through it all we seem to be making headway. The house is almost back together and Mary has been feeling very well since the little stint in the hospital. We really have been blessed to either be able to fix things ourselves or to get help from Mary's Family! In talking to a lot of people about all of this they wanted to see some before and after photos. So here they are. Since moving in 2 years ago we have painted everywhere, ripped out/replaced the kitchen sink & faucet, laid tile, laid carpet, built a shed, landscaped, poured an rv pad, built lots of shelves, and fixed all the broken stuff. These are some of the pictures from all of that crazyness! Click on the picture to see them in Picasa (you can see them individually or as a slide show there).


Blog_Home Improvement

6 comments:

Crystal/Scott/Charlie/John said...

Yay! You have comments now! Good work on figuring that out. I'm honored that I get to be the first commentor on your blog. The house looks great! It looks like a ton or work but it payed off. I love the colors and the tile looks awesome! Hopefully we'll be able to come up and see it all sometime soon. Oh yeah, and you guys too. :)

Evelyn said...

Cute place! Love all the color and deco. Tile looks lovely! We are so excited for you to be parents! Make sure you blog when your little man makes his grand debut!

The Ridgeways said...

Wow, that was a ton of work! Great tile! You are so brave with color, my sister inlaw Brook is that way. You have a beautiful home I am so happy for you and glad that your wife is doing well.

Chelsea said...

It all looks awesome! Great job on everything. I bet it is nice to have it finished... Less than two months until lift off, eh? Wahoo!!! I'm excited for you guys!

Anonymous said...

I just got caught up on everything. Nearly forgot about your blog, since I wasn't allowed to comment the last time i tried ... I think it was May or June.
Yes the house is beautiful, but who lives there and who WILL live there, that's what gets me excited. I'm predicting that little doll will arrive on his wonderful grandma's birthday. No offense Ramona. You're wonderful too!
Love you all, MOM (WONDERFUL GRANDMA) TERRY OX

Anonymous said...

Now I'm really signed in as a friend of Ben and Mary's Blog. Forgot to mention the birth date of my next adorable grandson, Benson Don, Joshua Don, Jonathan Don or whatever is the favorite name THIS week: Sept. 7, (my birthday) at 1:30 a.m., weight: 8 lbs. 2 oz., 21 inches long. That's my prediction!
And yes, he will be beautiful ... and smart too!