Saturday, July 14, 2012

Hold Strong Tender Roots


Okay, Here we are.... in Ontario.  I never thought that I would think of my life in chapters...you know like in a book.  I was never fond of reading, but that is besides the point....So, how is it that all of a sudden as you look back on your life you recognize the ending of one chapter and the opening of another, but it is not so apparent when you are living it.

I would laugh at my parents when they would say that they really didn't want to move because their "ROOTS" were too deep.  Me, in my immature, young mind, would think... that's dumb!  Who wouldn't want to start something new and see and meet new people.  After all, this is how young people think especially when you are in college and change is NORMAL and expected.  It's not until you get the opportunity to stick your ROOTS in and grow that you realize how much it hurts to pull them up and move.

So, I had to speak in sacrament this last week... and of course the Bishop had no topic for me to speak on... So I talked about Childbirth....just kidding....I really have to say that I felt like I had a bleeding heart on the pulpit as I spoke.  I physically hurt for my roots to be in familiar soil again.  It's ridiculous the little things I cry about... mostly on Sunday...here's the Relief society president...cry...here is the nursery....cry....here is the mother's lounge (and yes there is room for at least 5 breast feeding mommies).... cry again.... GIRL's Camp announcement....don't even get me started.

So, as I sit and reminisce on the most recent chapter of my life.... the thing that fills my heart with more joy and my eyes with tears was seeing the barrage of women, MY BEST FRIENDS, arrive at my house to help me pack and clean the last little bit of things in my home.  I felt like I had been running a marathon and all of a sudden the world was lifted and I could finish.  As I closed my front door that day, I had a Meg Ryan moment from "You've Got Mail", you know where she invisions her mother swinging her around and twirling..............

I get it now!!!!!!  I feel kind of like Chris Farley on the hillside holding onto a small weed saying," Hold strong tender roots", I will never forget all the friends, fun, and memories we had in Meridian.
I thank Heavenly Father everyday for the past 5 years!!  DANG those answered prayers, and like I said in my talk on Sunday," The Lord will answer your prayers in a time and way that is for your eternal good."

2 comments:

Shortcake said...

Oh Mary! I keep thinking of you. I was talking with Megan the other day and I wish I could have been there helping with your move rather than sitting on my keester. You are missed! I hope you doing well with Miss Nicole and Benson, and that Ben's job is everything he'd hoped.

Marlene said...

Never heard anything more wonderful that the talks Ben and Mary gave in church, while I was in and out of the chapel overseeing darling little Big Brother Benson, who was wondering out loud why everyone, especially his Mommy was crying. At the end he proclaimed happily in a voice everyone could hear, "She's not crying NOW!"
The truth is I still AM crying for joy ... that is