It is just a little ironic that I did the last post on what I did....Yeah...SMILE...HOLD ON... AND KNOW THAT YOU ARE SAFE.....
So here we are, The Hazlett Family, embarking yet on another journey...
Approximately 2 and half years ago, I had a darling little boy that shook my world. I had learned to love all over again and better yet how to share every morsel of my being. Motherhood is a crash course of maybe just a little slice of what our Father in Heaven might feel for us.
Nevertheless, I returned to work 8 weeks after having this darling little boy and my heart ached.... and so did my sweet Ben's to try to help me cope with motherhood and working just part time. (All you mothers out there that work....YOU ARE AMAZING!) At this time I realized, my season was changing and all I really wanted to do was be a mother....I would give my right arm to do that.
We have, our family, been working very hard the last 2 years to make just that very thing work....and for some reason this summer I thought... Yep, lets have baby #2.... So after all the cut backs at work and various things that happen.....CAR...CAR...CAR... I wasn't even sure that I could even afford a maternity leave this summer.
However, the Lord had us in mind all along...
Ben, just got the opportunity of a lifetime with a new job.... and Yes, I get to stay home with my sweet baby #2. So what's the small print..... We need to move...
So yesterday, as I was patching holes and taking down the shelves in my was-to-be nursery, I just broke down in a sob. In fact it was so girlish, that I had to go out to the garage to finish crying. This is when it all hit me a quote I had loved from someone great ( and I don't remember who said this, probably Pres. Monson) "Don't sacrifice the things you want now, for that which you want most."
Okay...Okay...I get it! So I gathered myself and returned into my home, to leave the newish carpet, the garden boxes, the newly wired shed, oodles of storage space and my newly painted yellow nursery for a better cause. Thank you for this opportunity God!
Once again, God is in charge. SMILE, HOLD ON, and KNOW YOU ARE SAFE!!!!
More to Come.... when we know more!!
1 comment:
Thanks for the darling picture and wise words. lv u
Post a Comment