Wednesday, May 26, 2010

An Ounce of Motherhood


Have you ever felt like you should have stayed in bed??? This was me just yesterday. The sad thing is I was just feeling like I was getting my feet under me again. Anyhow, I awoke with great excitement yesterday, because "Yes" I got to stay home with my Benson, get caught up on a few good things, have a fun finale party of "The Biggest Loser" with great friends, and maybe even finish planting flowers (weather permitting). Being 5:15am when little man got up, I thought I could get everything accomplished and still have time to take a nap in the afternoon! With great expectations I headed to Walmart for grocery shopping (in-out and on my way- even the crowds seemed non existence), "Yes"- things were right on schedule- so off to Fred's for some baby formula. This is where things turned right upside down... Benson fell back in the cart catching his little arm and Me with my buffness sat him straight up.. He "Yelped". Of course, I thought it was nothing- but my little boy was fussing all the way home, crawling with one arm, and a little more grouchy than usual. I quickly unloaded my bags just to find that I had left a grocery bag at Walmart and would have to return to get my items, hopped on the Internet to research symptoms of a dislocated limb in babies and that I better get to the hospital. So, the afternoon was filled with a trip to the hospital to return a bone back to its original place, an upset darling baby, another trip back to Walmart (this time crowd infested), doping on IB profen, eating chocolate, and wondering why I was excited for the day in the first place. I am happy to say Benson is doing well and his dad didn't mind missing a half day of work to take care of our little boy! As for me, I am still searching for where I left my brain; for this morning, I discovered a Red box movie in my purse that I was positive I returned!

2 comments:

Crystal/Scott/Charlie/John said...

Oh man, yay for days that don't go as planned! :) Good call on the chocolate therapy though!

rh said...

Motherhood in full force! This brought back alot of memories. Some days are best when they are over:) Benson is very blessed to have wonderful, loving parents. I love the picture.