Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Like Crashing into the Rose Bushes


Last week Mary had to drop our little guy off at the baby-sitter's for his one day a week away from us, this week it was my turn. For me it was less like Riding a bike and more like my experience when I was 4 or 5 years old. I had just barely learned to ride my white flame huffy bike and thought I was pretty amazing at it. I did the typical pedal as fast as you can, one hand, no feet tricks all while making sure that my parents and friends could see me. One day my confidence over took me and I attempted to jump my bike using the sloping curb in my drive way... next thing I knew I was being pulled out of the rose bushes.

Yesterday, I felt the same way. We had just started to figure out how to be parents and were feeling pretty confident. So we start taking the little guy out on small excursions, again making sure to get as many of "oh he's so cute" comments as possible all the while for the most part keeping him calm and happy... though we haven't tried the no hands on the stroller approach yet... somehow I don't think that would end well. Then along comes shots and work again and boom! Rose bushes all over again.

But apparently thorns can be pulled out and we appear to have made it through it again with the little guy still smiling at us more and more everyday. We both feel very blessed to have him and to have such a great friend to watch him for us. Plus the day after having to drop him off, he gets to hang out with dad all day!

2 comments:

Crystal/Scott/Charlie/John said...

That's one of my earliest memories-standing in the doorway of the bathroom while Mom cleaned you up after that horrendous crash. I remember laughing. And the laughter hasn't stopped. Ha, ha. :)

Unknown said...

Glad things are going well, even if it's difficult to leave the little guy! He is so adorable.
We are going to be in Boise for Thanksgiving; will you guys be around? We'd love to meet up.